Home
Download
How it works
3D Technologies
Compatible Games
Community
Support

Please note: Due to iZ3D Discontinuing Operations on July 31st, 2012
This forum is no longer moderated by iZ3D staff.

View Watched Topics Join Mailing List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iZ3D Forum Index -> 3D Devices Support -> iZ3D Monitor
Author Topic:  Peter Wimmer's stereoscopic player and new algorithm
rajkosto
Top Contributor

PostPosted: December 05, 2009, 08:11:08 AM    Post subject: Peter Wimmer's stereoscopic player and new algorithm Reply with quote

I have version 1.5.2 (registered), and it's using the OLD 2007 algorithm to display pictures/movies in iz3d mode...
Could someone contact peter and tell him to update the player to replace the old algorithm/ or include the new algorithm alongside the old one...

Here's the proof:
Image Generated By iz3d stereo wallpaper creator:

Image generated by printscreening fullscreen peter wimmer player opening the jps:

Notice they are the same, and since stereo wallpaper creator uses the old algorithm, that means that peter wimmers player also uses the old algorithm

By comparison, this is what the image should look like when created by new algorithm:
22"
17"
View user's profile Send private message Did you find this post helpful or interesting?
rajkosto
Top Contributor

PostPosted: December 05, 2009, 03:11:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried to change the lookup tables in dxr.dll with the new ones
http://www.filedropper.com/dxr
see if it looks better with new glasses
View user's profile Send private message Did you find this post helpful or interesting?
yuriythebest
Top Contributor

PostPosted: December 05, 2009, 11:40:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

rajkosto wrote:
I've tried to change the lookup tables in dxr.dll with the new ones
http://www.filedropper.com/dxr
see if it looks better with new glasses

mm link doesn't work

rajkosto
Top Contributor

PostPosted: December 06, 2009, 12:37:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesnt matter think i messed it up anyway
just wait till official new algorithm
but if you dont want to, here's fixed link
http://www.mediafire.com/?ymcgmliygrd
i just replaced 2 RAW resources, one was 128K which was exactly 512x256 grayscale, and onewas 128K*3 which was exactly 512x256 RGB, so i replaced with grayscale and RGB version of s3dtablecfl.bmp, but the RAW files from resources were rotated and the RGB had a weird color pattern on the edges, so i dont know if i did it correctly
BlackQ
Chief Annoying Officer

PostPosted: December 07, 2009, 06:01:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

WallPaper creator has old algorithm atm - we'll update it via API we'l release soon
rajkosto
Top Contributor

PostPosted: December 07, 2009, 12:23:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i know, thats why i compared stereoscopic player with it, its identical, thus its also old algorithm...and there exists no other video player with new algorithm...how do we watch videos with new glasses ?
Likay
Top Contributor

PostPosted: December 08, 2009, 07:52:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait: In my experience Peter Wimmer updates his player as soon as new usable features comes in mind.
View user's profile Send private message MSN MessengerDid you find this post helpful or interesting?
rajkosto
Top Contributor

PostPosted: December 08, 2009, 08:06:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

well someone please tell him, i see no forums on his site
Likay
Top Contributor

PostPosted: December 08, 2009, 02:54:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find the thread by a very quick search but i recall BlackQ and company is already in contact with Peter about implemention of newer tables. It was some time ago though and i actually though it was implemented already in the 1.52 version.
View user's profile Send private message MSN MessengerDid you find this post helpful or interesting?
BlackQ
Chief Annoying Officer

PostPosted: December 11, 2009, 12:56:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes - everything is corrected and will be released asap and I want to say sorry because it was my personal mistake in communication with Peter about new look up table.