Home
Download
How it works
3D Technologies
Compatible Games
Community
Support

Please note: Due to iZ3D Discontinuing Operations on July 31st, 2012
This forum is no longer moderated by iZ3D staff.

View Watched Topics Join Mailing List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iZ3D Forum Index -> 3D Games Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Topic:  CRYSIS 2
Hypercube
Top Contributor

PostPosted: March 23, 2011, 07:22:42 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the leaked beta? I remember it had native support? I think I'm gonna try it and get the legal game if things change with a patch.
Piotr Wtorkowski
Top Contributor

PostPosted: March 23, 2011, 10:05:21 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

In game menu there are two 3D options: Interlaced and Side-by-Side.

Two others from beta version are missing: Dual Head and Driver (whatever it was).
Dual Head was the option for me and didn`t work in beta ver. so i think they cancell it temporary because of problems with it. Only hope is in some Patch to add it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Did you find this post helpful or interesting?
Piotr Wtorkowski
Top Contributor

PostPosted: March 23, 2011, 10:56:11 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently you can play with settings from command console. Just open console and write down: sys_spec_shadows = 0

This suppose to sort it out. It didn`t for me yet. I`ll try with other options.

Full command list:

1.ban (Command)
2.ban_remove (Command)
3.ban_status (Command)
4.ban_timeout = 30 [DUMPTODISK]
5.cl_fov = 75 []
6.cl_sensitivity = 16.5 [DUMPTODISK]
7.cl_sensitivityController = 0.8 [DUMPTODISK]
8.cl_sensitivityControllerMP = 0.6 [DUMPTODISK]
9.disconnect (Command)
10.disconnectchannel (Command)
11.gl_GameRules (Command)
12.gl_Map (Command)
13.g_gamespy_password = []
14.g_gamespy_server_region = 1 []
15.g_gamespy_unique_nick = []
16.g_skipIntro = 1 []
17.gl_Map (Command)
18.i_mouse_accel = 0 [DUMPTODISK]
19.i_mouse_accel_max = 100 [DUMPTODISK]
20.i_mouse_smooth = 0 [DUMPTODISK]
21.kick (Command)
22.kickid (Command)
23.map (Command)
24.net_lobby_gamespy_online_port = 64100 [DUMPTODISK]
25.net_lobby_gamespy_server_ping_wait = 10000 [DUMPTODISK]
26.pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov = 75 []
27.quit (Command)
28.rcon_command (Command)
29.rcon_connect (Command)
30.rcon_disconnect (Command)
31.r_DrawNearFoV = 55 []
32.status (Command)
33.sv_bind = 0.0.0.0 [REQUIRE_LEVEL_RELOAD]
34.sv_gamerules = SinglePlayer []
35.sv_gamerulesdefault = SinglePlayer []
36.sv_password = [DUMPTODISK]
37.sv_servername = [DUMPTODISK]
38.sys_spec_gameeffects = 3 []
39.sys_spec_objectdetail = 3 []
40.sys_spec_particles = 3 []
41.sys_spec_physics = 3 []
42.sys_spec_postprocessing = 3 []
43.sys_spec_shading = 3 []
44.sys_spec_shadows = 3 []
45.sys_spec_sound = 3 []
46.sys_spec_texture = 3 []
47.sys_spec_water = 3 []
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Did you find this post helpful or interesting?
Hypercube
Top Contributor

PostPosted: March 23, 2011, 11:05:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm confused. Sorry for the newbish question, but what is working now? bp2008 says only NVidia works, and Piotr says Interlaced is enabled. Or am I only able to use Interlaced on NVidia cards?
Piotr Wtorkowski
Top Contributor

PostPosted: March 23, 2011, 11:16:25 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your 3D setup work with any of this, interlaced or SBS then you can play it straight from the game engine. You don`t need iz3d drivers for it. This game ain`t got any Nvidia 3D Vision support - they work by theirs own drivers.

So if you are on Interlaced or Side-by-Side rig then go for it (from game menu) and tell us how it works.
Hypercube
Top Contributor

PostPosted: March 23, 2011, 11:59:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

the game is obviously able to run 3D on NVidia Vision setups, although it doesn't use the NVidia drivers to create a 3D effect. From what I read the game doesn't really use 3D, but creates a 3D effect from the 2D image and the depth map, comparable to TriDefs Virtual 3D system. The screenshots I saw had really few depth and it looks like you can no longer change to true 3D mode (http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=196113&st=20). Seems I'll still wait some time till I get the game, or I'm gonna borrow it from a friend to test it.

bp2008
Silver User

PostPosted: March 23, 2011, 12:43:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypercube wrote:
Now I'm confused. Sorry for the newbish question, but what is working now? bp2008 says only NVidia works, and Piotr says Interlaced is enabled. Or am I only able to use Interlaced on NVidia cards?

Please do not misunderstand. I have read several posts from people who say the 3D Options menu works, but none of them mentioned using an ATI graphics card. Since I have an ATI graphics card (HD 5870), that is what I tested with and it does not work. That is all I know.

If everyone else is to be believed, their S3D implementation is fake and does not include a 120hz output anyway so I guess it is a moot point for me. I wouldn't count on the iZ3D devs overcoming the issues with this game on their own, so it looks like I'll be playing Crysis 2 on a normal 2D screen Sad
View user's profile Send private message Did you find this post helpful or interesting?
Piotr Wtorkowski
Top Contributor

PostPosted: March 23, 2011, 01:46:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working out command console will help only in case of quality/performance. Not much about 3D quality. Shadows command refers to theirs quality - nothing about switching them off. Same wit Postprocessing, Shading and others.

I made a trick which help reduce anoying Dynamic Shadows. Onlly this are messed up - normal shadows are easy to set right.
So i`ve change Fiel of View to 120 and set separation to very first (smalest) one. This help me to get proper depth with 3D effect.
Someone was asking about Crosshair - how they managed with this. In fact this is not a problem at all in this game. Doesn`t matter how you will manage with your settings this one will always stay perfect. This is the best looking crosshair i`ve ever seen in 3D !!!
Both: FOV and actually so called Iron Sight are on this screenshot.

bobduder
Top Contributor

PostPosted: March 23, 2011, 05:26:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my copy today, and sadly, the problem with the bloom being too intense is still there. Using iZ3D driver set to enable by hotkey:

And without the drivers (I had to take it in windowed mode as for some reason Crysis 2 wont let me take a full screen screenshot):

As far as GPU compatibility with goes, the packaging claims that all that is required for 3D is a 3D television and glasses. They make no mention of either NVIDIA or ATI. So I wonder if you had a 3DTV and an ATI card connected via HDMI 1.4 if that would be detected and enable the 3D Options.

Rule #2 - Don't believe the hype.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Did you find this post helpful or interesting?
zaphod666
Bronze User

PostPosted: March 23, 2011, 09:17:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys try the config in this thread: http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=67618&sid=47542d627dcaaf8f1770aab6d47c4ef5

It ups the graphical quality and gets rid of the blur present everywhere. It even gives me higher fps. The game looks soooo much nicer with it. Also I am going to try adding the command to turn off shadows in order to get the Iz3d drivers to work properly.
View user's profile Send private message Did you find this post helpful or interesting?
Hypercube
Top Contributor

PostPosted: March 24, 2011, 03:21:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link! Someone else posted a full list of all commands on the page. Search through it with the key "stereo". At some point there is even iz3D support to be seen, I wonder if it works. A later post says you have to enter the variables in a config file, they don't work in the console. It also looks like you can also change the convergence there. If things really work (which I don't believe) I wonder why they didn't put it into the regular menu.

I found the following interesting commands, amongst others:

Code:

variable: r_StereoDevice DUMPTODISK, REQUIRE_APP_RESTART
type: int
current: 100
help: Sets stereo device (only possible before app start)
Usage: r_StereoDevice [0/1/2/3/4]
0: No stereo support (default)
1: Frame compatible formats (side-by-side, interlaced, anaglyph)
2: HDMI 1.4 (PS3 only)
3: Stereo driver (PC only, NVidia or AMD)
4: Dualhead (PC only, two projectors or iZ3D screen)
100: Auto-detect device for platform

variable: r_StereoFlipEyes DUMPTODISK
current: 0
help: Flip eyes in stereo mode.
Usage: r_StereoFlipEyes [0=off/1=on]
0: don't flip
1: flip

variable: r_StereoMode DUMPTODISK
help: Sets stereo rendering mode.
Usage: r_StereoMode [0=off/1/2]
1: Dual rendering
2: Post Stereo

variable: r_StereoOutput DUMPTODISK
current: 4
help: Sets stereo output. Output depends on the stereo monitor
Usage: r_StereoOutput [0=off/1/2/3/4/5/6]
0: Standard
1: IZ3D
2: Checkerboard (not supported on X360)
3: Above and Below (not supported)
4: Side by Side
5: Line by Line (Interlaced)
6: Anaglyph

variable: r_StereoSupportAMD REQUIRE_APP_RESTART
help: Disables/Enables [0/1] stereo support on AMD hardware

TheTodd

PostPosted: March 24, 2011, 07:01:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll be dipped in something foul and unpleasant. I have been looking everywhere to find how to enable 3d options...and now I find that my IZ3D monitor is supported by natively! So, does this mean that I will not have to enable the driver and lose fps? Also, what file is this?
defiancecp
Top Contributor

PostPosted: March 24, 2011, 07:40:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, I think maybe I will buy this after all... Hopefully anything that works in the game will work in the demo though, so I should be able to test it.
bobduder
Top Contributor

PostPosted: March 24, 2011, 08:16:42 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypercube wrote:
Thanks for the link! Someone else posted a full list of all commands on the page. Search through it with the key "stereo". At some point there is even iz3D support to be seen, I wonder if it works. A later post says you have to enter the variables in a config file, they don't work in the console. It also looks like you can also change the convergence there. If things really work (which I don't believe) I wonder why they didn't put it into the regular menu.

I found the following interesting commands, amongst others:

Code:

variable: r_StereoDevice DUMPTODISK, REQUIRE_APP_RESTART
current: 100
help: Sets stereo device (only possible before app start)
Usage: r_StereoDevice [0/1/2/3/4]
0: No stereo support (default)
1: Frame compatible formats (side-by-side, interlaced, anaglyph)
2: HDMI 1.4 (PS3 only)
3: Stereo driver (PC only, NVidia or AMD)
4: Dualhead (PC only, two projectors or iZ3D screen)
100: Auto-detect device for platform

variable: r_StereoFlipEyes DUMPTODISK
help: Flip eyes in stereo mode.
Usage: r_StereoFlipEyes [0=off/1=on]
0: don't flip
1: flip

variable: r_StereoMode DUMPTODISK
help: Sets stereo rendering mode.
Usage: r_StereoMode [0=off/1/2]
1: Dual rendering
2: Post Stereo

variable: r_StereoOutput DUMPTODISK
current: 4
help: Sets stereo output. Output depends on the stereo monitor
Usage: r_StereoOutput [0=off/1/2/3/4/5/6]
0: Standard
1: IZ3D
2: Checkerboard (not supported on X360)
3: Above and Below (not supported)
4: Side by Side
5: Line by Line (Interlaced)
6: Anaglyph

variable: r_StereoSupportAMD REQUIRE_APP_RESTART
help: Disables/Enables [0/1] stereo support on AMD hardware

Good sir, you are a rock god. I added the following lines to my system.cfg file in the games root directory:

r_StereoDevice=4
r_StereoMode=2
r_StereoOutput=1
r_StereoSupportAMD=1

Lo and behold, stereoscopic goodness. At first I tried Dual Rendering (r_StereoMode=1) and that resulted in the menus working fine, but the game was all flicker and huge artifacts. Switched to post stereo, works great. Also, setting variable r_StereoSupportAMD to 1 does in fact enable the 3D options in the menu, however, the only options I had were Side by Side and Interlaced, and as expected changing anything in the menu overrode what I had working from the system. I have since re-disabled the 3D options menu, and the 3D still works. Thank you very much for these variables Hypercube and Zaphod!! Very Happy

I've only played a tiny bit with the 3d, gonna give it a real good test now Razz

Update: I've found the ghosting to be too much, and I can't adjust the convergance (yet). I tried setting r_StereoDevice=3 (PC driver) and using the iZ3D drivers and the brightness problem is back. Too bad, hopefully this can be fixed, as I was able to get good settings this way as far as ghosting goes using the drivers. Also, using the drivers and having the stereo variables set eliminates the frame loss I had with the drivers alone.

Rule #2 - Don't believe the hype.

Last edited by bobduder on March 24, 2011, 09:13:22 AM; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Did you find this post helpful or interesting?
TheTodd

PostPosted: March 24, 2011, 08:40:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So by editing the .cfg file are you side stepping the iz3d driver and letting the game initiate the monitor?

Display posts from previous:    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next